The Power of Coaching
As an Olympian and World Champion, I have seen the best and worst of coaching and I have experienced the powerful effect it can have on an athlete.
For me, high school was when it all began.
My sophmore year was plagued with mentally damaging coaches and teamates. There was no one I could turn to, to learn how to compete amidst the chaos.
My young mind wasn't prepared for the challenges I faced then. This created a mindset that would stay with me for years to come.
If I only had access to an Olympic mind when I was young!
I spent my first years of skeleton competing on subpar equipment with a subpar mindset. Don't get me wrong, I had a great attitude, but my mindset was nowhere near the preparation required to train or compete - even at the lowest level of competition. This set me up for years of frustration!
One of the biggest mistakes I look back on is this: I learned to compete on "available" equipment and "available" coaches, not the best or even the right equipment or coaches.
I want to change that for you!
Your youth athlete will come away with all of this and much more!
- Learn to create a personal bubble
- How to manage a 2nd place finish
- Methods I used to overcome injuries
- Proper pre competition routines
- #1 secret that most athletes still don't know
- The payoff of intentional practice
- Interaction with other top athletes facing the same challenges
- Personal attention to their specific challenges
These first years are critical to building the right mindset for success in competition and in life.